You have probably spent days, weeks or even months creating your brand new, stunning blog with cool graphics and all that. You’re so excited about the idea of blogging! But you soon realise that you just don’t know what to write about.
Some people get obsessed with the design and all the nice stuff… They write a few posts and then hit the wall and get the writers block. You know, days and weeks go by without them writing any posts. A fact is, if you don’t create content, people will not find you and you will not be able to build a successful business online.
So, if you are one of those people who struggle with what to write about, fret no more! Here are some ideas for your blog posts:
1) How-to’s – everybody wants to learn how to do something and there are so many things to learn. People love “how-to” posts. This is where you actually show people how to do something.
2) Personal Stories – this is where you share your stories with your readers. You show your readers that you are a real person and live a normal life like them.
3) Reviews – for companies, products, systems, industry leaders, rising stars and so on. You need to know what’s going on in the industry and provide accurate information. People love reviews as they help them make decisions in most cases.
4) Tutorials – they are more like “how-to’s”. This is where people can watch over your shoulder as you show them a step-by-step process of doing something on your computer.
5) Observations – as you move along your network marketing journey, you will come across things that you like or don’t like. When you share this, you will find that people with the same observations, connect with you.
6) Thoughts – this is where you share what’s on your mind with your readers. It might be about a bad day you have had, a fantastic day you have had or a great experience… anything really. Motivational videos make good posts as well.
7) Industry Events – announce the upcoming industry events and share the experience you had at them when you return.
8 Interviews – get in contact with the industry leaders online or at the live events and interview them! Creating and posting such interviews on your blog is very powerful – it builds your credibility. Your readers will not only benefit from the content shared but will associate you with those other successful people.
9) Marketing Updates – write about the new stuff in the industry such as new marketing strategy, new product/system or other relevant updates.
10) Mindset & Leadership Lessons – when you share these lessons, always show your readers how they have personally helped you in your life and business; very powerful!
11) Recycle your content – turn your videos, articles and press releases into blog posts; with a slight twist. For your articles and press releases, you can just post a link to them with a brief summary on your blog.
I cannot stress this enough – the key to successful blogging is consistency! Always deliver valuable content on a consistent basis so that your readers can keep coming back for more.
Top tip: create a blogging schedule (daily, once a week etc.) and stick to it.
Note: not everything you write needs keyword research and SEO. Sometimes you just need to write about fun and interesting things for your readers. Your goal should be to empower, enlighten and entertain your readers! Write about boring stuff, then you’ll lose your audience!
No more excuses as you now have so much to write about… Now start blogging!